A system-based approach to quality and safety is one of the key attributes of a patient-centered medical home and quality improvement (QI) is intertwined with all its aspects. This webinar will feature two of the national organizations offering PCMH Recognition/Accreditation. The Joint Commission’s (TJC) Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH) program will discuss strategies and tools that support QI. Faculty from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) will describe why accessible, team-based primary care practices that understand both their patients’ medical/behavioral needs and their life challenges can conduct more thorough analyses of key performance data and make more informed choices on how and when to intervene to make improvements.
Upon participation in this webinar, clinical leaders will be able to:
1. Describe how TJC accreditation and PCMH certification process aligns with quality management initiatives.
2. Outline how NCQA’s PCMH Recognition process supports team-based care and using data for performance improvement [or whatever key statement you want to include here]
3. Apply quality improvement strategies and tools that support problem-solving and operational enhancements.
4. Take key steps for conducting a proactive risk assessment.
5. Give examples of the important aspects of a functional quality improvement program.
6. Explain how qualitative analysis – asking “Why” – is vital to identifying the most effective interventions in QI activities.